Thanks to Tony Treglown for the above photo
Co-ordinator: Anne Mount – 01763 838271 – firstname.lastname@example.org
We meet in the Anne and Colin’s house in Elmdon once a month on a Monday at 2.30pm and finish at about 4.30pm.
We are an informal and friendly group.
We are fortunate that Gordon Ridgewell is able to help and to share his wide experience of photography with us. Often there is a challenge set with a theme and we bring the photos taken to the next meeting in an electronic form which we discuss with fellow members.
There are normally 8 to 10 members at each meeting and we vary in our ability to use a camera and to manipulate images using Photoshop. Some have compact cameras but most use digital SLRs.
When the weather permits we do like to get out and about and have had trips such as to the Botanic Gardens in Cambridge and Fowlmere Nature Reserve, and photo challenges in Saffron Walden.
We have had a talk by an expert on the use of RAW files. We also have had workshops such as taking portraits and macro photography.
We are always on the look out for new ideas, and welcome new members providing we have room.
Dates for our next few meetings:
- Monday 18th September 2017 – meeting postponed to October 9th.
- Monday 9th October 2017 – Bring 1 photo of each: Macro, Landscape, Something Moving, and Mono and an extra photo of any one of the above which will then make a total of 5 pictures this will give us a chance to try something different.
- Monday 13th November 2017. Please take 3 photos of your choice and these will be reviewed by the group to see if they can be improved by the use of Photoshop.
- Monday 11th December 2017. Presentation by Tony on a notable photographer plus bring 3 photos to do with Christmas ( think out of the box).
- Monday 15th January 2018 – Christmas lunch – details to be confirmed.
Other ideas for future meetings – camera settings workshop
Patterns in Nature February 2017
( A selection of photos on the theme of ‘Patterns in Nature’ taken by Gordon Ridgewell, Tony Treglown, Anne Mount, Paul Crawford, Steve Dutton, Tony Marks, Suzanne Bell, June Keeble, Brian Eastcott, Alan Short and Martin Hugall).
Alternative Walden Challenge November 2016
( A selection of photos on the theme of ‘Alternative Walden’ taken by Gordon Ridgewell, Tony Treglown, Graeme Cowling, Anne Mount, Paul Crawford, Steve Dutton, Tony Marks, Suzanne Bell and Martin Hugall).
( A selection of photos on the theme of Textures taken by Gordon Ridgewell, Tony Treglown, Graeme Cowling, Anne Mount, June Keeble, Paul Crawford, Steve Dutton, Tony Marks and Martin Hugall). Each photo or series of photos has a connection with Time!
( A selection of photos on the theme of Textures taken by Gordon Ridgewell, Brian Eastcott, Tony Treglown, Graeme Cowling, Anne Mount and Sheila Jones)