Castle Street Saffron Walden by Jean Little
- National U3A website – http://www.u3a.org.uk/ (You may wish to register and/or login to Members site for more member-related information. See also the U3A Website helpsheet
- East of England U3A Region – http://www.u3a.org.uk/useful-weblinks.html?task=weblink.go&id=16
- Links to neighbouring U3As:
– Bishop’s Stortford – http://u3asites.org.uk/code/u3asite.php?site=395
– Haverhill – http://u3asites.org.uk/haverhill
– Melbourn – http://u3asites.org.uk/melbourn
– Stansted – http://www.stanstedu3a.org
– Thorley – http://u3asites.org.uk/thorley
- Click here to find a U3A in the UK
Some additional benefits from belonging to the U3A
- You will receive a copy of our “UPDATE” Magazine for members three times a year for Spring, Summer and Autumn terms – posted to you and also available on this website – see our Publications page. Members also receive “Third Age Matters” 5 times a year from our parent organisation, Third Age Trust.
- U3A’s 24 hour legal helpline – Please note that the subscription to the legal helpline has now expired.
- Access to the members area on the national U3A website
- Your membership entitles you to join activities in other U3A groups.
- The Cambridge University Bookshop at 1-2 Trinity Street, Cambridge CB2 1SZ offers a 20% discount to all U3A members. They stock CUP titles but their vast range of subjects ensures something for everyone. You can contact them on 01223 333 333, and remember to take your U3A card with you as proof of your membership.
Downloaded material from UK U3A
National U3A News and Events
We hope to include items here that we hear of via Third Age Trust, (which is responsible for the whole network of U3As nationally), or from East of England Region, (which oversees more than 100 U3As in our part of the UK) or the Essex Association, a network of 30+ Essex-based U3As to which we belong.
- East of England Region Trustee – Adrian Breacker is co-opted to the the Third Age Trust’s National Executive Committee to represent Eastern Region, which includes Saffron Walden. He may be contacted via the Committee (or direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Other Useful Links
- Essex Adult Community Learning – http://www.essex.gov.uk/Adult-Learning/Pages/Default.aspx
- Saffron Computer Club – Meets on the second Tuesday of each month in the evening and is particularly good for older people wanting to improve their computer skills – http://www.saffroncomputerclub.co.uk/
- Walking in Essex – www.walkinginessex.co.uk is a website packed with useful information for walkers. With hundreds of walks to download and print, free, it also has books of walks, contact details for all the walking groups in the county and much more.
- Quendon and Rickling – their latest monthly magazine ‘The Link’ with details of forthcoming events – http://www.quendonandrickling.co.uk/news/the-link/