Notice is herby given that the Annual General Meeting of Saffron Walden U3A will be held at Saffron Walden Baptist Church on Tuesday 5th September 2023 at 2.30 pm, or at any adjournment thereof.
AGENDA: (A copy of the agenda can also be downloaded here)
1. Chairman’s welcome
2. Apologies for absence
3. Minutes of the previous AGM (Draft minutes of our meeting on 5th September 2023 can be seen here)
4. Chairman’s report for the year ended 31 July 2023
5. Treasurer’s report for the year ended 31 July 2023 and Adoption of Accounts (Will be published here)
6. Appointment of the Independent Examiner of Accounts
7. Election of the Committee for 2023-2024
• Under the terms of the Constitution, all the members of the Executive Committee, including those serving as Officers, will retire at the Annual General Meeting.
• All Officers and Non-officer members of the Executive Committee have a one-year term of office and may serve not more than six terms in the same role.
• No individual may serve more than a maximum of nine years in any combination of Officer roles or Non-Officer member, after which there must be a break of at least one calendar year.
8. Any other business at the discretion of the Chairman of the meeting.
Written nominations by a proposer and seconder will need to be sent to the Secretary at least 28 days before the AGM (i.e. by 8th August 2023). Nomination forms are available to download on our Committee page of this website where current members of the Committee are listed.
Only current members are entitled to attend, vote and speak at the Meeting.
Anthony Treglown, Secretary
Renewal of Membership.
From 1.30pm at the Baptist Church. If you have not already renewed your membership or are new and would like to join our Saffron Walden u3a, here is a chance to do so in person. See our membership page for details. If you want to join an activity or class then you need to contact the co-ordinator for that group directly. See the Groups section of the website for contact details.