NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of Saffron Walden U3A will be held at Saffron Walden Baptist Church on Monday 5th September 2022 at 2.30 pm, or at any adjournment thereof.
1. Chairman’s welcome
2. Apologies for absence
3. Minutes of the previous AGM – click here to view
4. Chairman’s report for the year ended 31 July 2022
5. Treasurer’s report for the year ended 31 July 2022 and Adoption of Accounts
6. Appointment of the Independent Examiner of Accounts
7. Election of the Committee for 2022-2023
• Under the terms of the Constitution, all the members of the Executive Committee, including those serving as Officers, will retire at the Annual General Meeting.
• All Officers and Non-officer members of the Executive Committee have a one-year term of office and may serve not more than six terms in the same role.
• No individual may serve more than a maximum of nine years in any combination of Officer roles or Non-Officer member, after which there must be a break of at least one calendar year.
8. Any other business at the discretion of the Chairman of the meeting.
Written nominations by a proposer and seconder will need to be sent to the Secretary at least 28 days before the AGM (i.e. by 8th August 2022).
Nomination forms are available here (pdf version)
Only current members are entitled to attend, vote and speak at the Meeting.
Anthony Treglown, Secretary