Castle Street Saffron Walden by Jean Little
- National U3A website – www.u3a.org.uk/ (You may wish to register and/or login to Members site for more member-related information. See also the U3A Website helpsheet
- Links to neighbouring U3As:
– Bishop’s Stortford – http://u3asites.org.uk/code/u3asite.php?site=395
– Haverhill – https://u3asites.org.uk/haverhill
– Melbourn – https://u3asites.org.uk/melbourn
– Stansted – https://u3asites.org.uk/stansted/home
– Thorley – https://u3asites.org.uk/thorley
- Click here to find a U3A in the UK
Some additional benefits from belonging to the U3A
- You will receive a copy of our “UPDATE” Magazine for members three times a year for Spring, Summer and Autumn terms – posted to you and also available on this website – see our Publications page. Members also receive “Third Age Matters” 5 times a year from our parent organisation, Third Age Trust.
- Access to the members area on the national U3A website
- The Cambridge University Bookshop at 1-2 Trinity Street, Cambridge CB2 1SZ offers a 20% discount to all U3A members. They stock CUP titles but their vast range of subjects ensures something for everyone. You can contact them on 01223 333 333, and remember to take your U3A card with you as proof of your membership.
Downloaded material from UK U3A
- Click here to download a copy of the the National U3A Vision and Mission Statements.
- National U3A Website helpsheet
Other Useful Links
- JustGym – ‘Active Ageing Hour’ – See their leaflet here
- Essex Adult Community Learning – https://www.aclessex.com/
- Saffron Computer Club – Meets on the second Tuesday of each month in the evening and is particularly good for older people wanting to improve their computer skills – http://www.saffroncomputerclub.co.uk/
- Walking in Essex – www.walkinginessex.co.uk is a website packed with useful information for walkers. With hundreds of walks to download and print, free, it also has books of walks, contact details for all the walking groups in the county and much more.
- 116 Self-Education Sites for Lifelong Learners – Click here to access this resource.