Saffron Walden Market Square before Remembrance Parade – photo by Diana Golding
Saffron Walden U3A has Open Meetings with a guest speaker on the 3rd Monday of the month (except August and December or unless otherwise advised). These are at 2.30 pm in the Bowling Club, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden. Doors open at 2.00pm.
The Theatre and Travel Group has a range of trips to places of interest, and to theatres and concerts, with usually at least one per month. Holidays are also arranged for members. Details are included below, and on their group page. The group meets on the last Friday of the month at 2 pm in the Baptist Church Hall, to discuss and take bookings for future outings. Please note that we continue to meet on the last Friday of each month during June, July and August as well. Click on to Theatre and Travel on the Group page for contact details.
Click on the blue links in each case to find out more.
Every third Monday at the Bowls Club, except August and December. Tea/coffee and biscuits will be available when doors open at 2.00 pm before the speaker starts at about 2.30pm.
- OPEN MEETING – Talk by musician David Caulfield on Mon 14 Feb 2022 2:30 pm
Social and Other Events
Theatre and Travel
- OUTING – Behind the Seams – Strictly Dresses Workshop on Wed 9 Feb 2022
- THEATRE – Albert Hall – Best of Broadway on Wed 2 Mar 2022
- THEATRE – Southend Palace ‘’Looking Good Dead’’ by Peter James on Thu 17 Mar 2022
- OUTING – Leonardslee Gardens TBC on Tue 26 Apr 2022
- THEATRE – ‘Carmen’ – Southend on Sun 8 May 2022
- OUTING – Olympic Park & Canals and Waterways Cruise. on Thu 12 May 2022
- OUTING – Carvery lunch on the Thames on Sun 3 Jul 2022
- LUNCHEON CLUB – Rose and Crown, Ashdon on Wed 26 Jan 2022 12:00 pm