Saffron Walden Market Square before Remembrance Parade – photo by Diana Golding
Saffron Walden U3A has Open Meetings with a guest speaker on the 3rd Monday of the month (except August and December or unless otherwise advised). These are at 2.30 pm in the Bowling Club, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden. Doors open at 2.00pm.
The Theatre and Travel Group has a range of trips to places of interest, and to theatres and concerts, with usually at least one per month. Holidays are also arranged for members. Details are included below, and on their group page. The group meets on the last Friday of the month at 2 pm in the Baptist Church Hall, to discuss and take bookings for future outings. Please note that we continue to meet on the last Friday of each month during June, July and August as well. Click on to Theatre and Travel on the Group page for contact details.
Click on the blue links in each case to find out more.
Every third Monday at the Bowls Club, except August and December. Tea/coffee and biscuits will be available when doors open at 2.00 pm before the speaker starts at about 2.30pm.
- OPEN MEETING on Mon 20 Jun 2022 2:30 pm
Social and Other Events
Theatre and Travel
- OUTING – Carvery lunch on the Thames on Sun 3 Jul 2022
- THEATRE – ‘My Fair Lady’ – Matinee London Coliseum on Thu 7 Jul 2022
- OUTING – Tower of London with Superbloom on Tue 12 Jul 2022
- OUTING – Columbine Hall, near Stowmarket on Wed 3 Aug 2022
- THEATRE – ‘South Pacific’ Matinee Sadler’s Wells Theatre on Wed 24 Aug 2022
- THEATRE – Agatha Christie’s ‘Witness for the Prosecution’ – London County Hall on Thu 1 Sep 2022
- OUTING – National Space Centre in Leicester on Tue 27 Sep 2022
- MUSICAL – Yeoman of the Guard. Gilbert & Sullivan Matinee – ENO at London Coliseum on Sat 5 Nov 2022
- OUTING – Milestone’s Victorian & Edwardian Museum, Basingstoke on Thu 17 Nov 2022
- THEATRE – Thursford Christmas Show – Matinee inc lunch on Fri 2 Dec 2022
- HOLIDAY – Weston-Super-Mare on Mon 13 Jun 2022