Saffron Walden Market Square before Remembrance Parade – photo by Diana Golding
Saffron Walden U3A has Open Meetings with a guest speaker on the 3rd Monday of the month (except August and December or unless otherwise advised). These are at 2.30 pm in the Bowling Club, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden. Doors open at 2.00pm.
The Theatre and Travel Group has a range of trips to places of interest, and to theatres and concerts, with usually at least one per month. Holidays are also arranged for members. Details are included below, and on their group page. The group meets on the last Friday of the month at 2 pm in the Baptist Church Hall, to discuss and take bookings for future outings. Please note that we continue to meet on the last Friday of each month during June, July and August as well. Click on to Theatre and Travel on the Group page for contact details.
Click on the blue links in each case to find out more.
Every third Monday at the Bowls Club, except August and December. Tea/coffee and biscuits will be available at 2.30 pm before the speaker starts at about 2.45pm.
- OPEN MEETING – Talk on the History of Easton Lodge on Mon 15 Nov 2021 2:30 pm
Social and Other Events
Theatre and Travel
- OUTING – Day trip to Eel Pie Island on Tue 2 Nov 2021
- THEATRE – Last Night of the Autumn Proms – Southend on Sun 7 Nov 2021
- THEATRE – John Rutter Christmas Celebrations on Thu 9 Dec 2021
- THEATRE – Albert Hall – Best of Broadway on Wed 2 Mar 2022
- THEATRE – Southend Palace ‘’Looking Good Dead’’ by Peter James on Thu 17 Mar 2022
- OUTING – Olympic Park & Canals and Waterways Cruise. on Thu 12 May 2022
- OUTING – Carvery lunch on the Thames on Sun 3 Jul 2022