Saffron Walden Market Square before Remembrance Parade – photo by Diana Golding
Saffron Walden U3A has Open Meetings with a guest speaker on the 3rd Monday of the month (except August and December or unless otherwise advised). These are at 2.30 pm in the Bowling Club, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden. Doors open at 2.00pm.
The Theatre and Travel Group has a range of trips to places of interest, and to theatres and concerts, with usually at least one per month. Holidays are also arranged for members. Details are included below, and on their group page. Representatives of this group will have a table at each Open Meeting to discuss and take bookings for future outings. Click on to Theatre and Travel on the Group page for contact details.
Click on the blue links in each case to find out more.
Every third Monday at the Bowls Club, except August and December. Tea/coffee and biscuits will be available when doors open at 2.00 pm before the speaker starts at about 2.30pm.
- OPEN MEETING – Talk by Roger Gibbons on ‘Butterflies of Britain and Europe’ on Mon 15 Jan 2024 2:30 pm
- OPEN MEETING – ‘Lighting the Fuse’ – talk by Lucy Lewis on life in the army as a Bomb Disposal Office’ on Mon 19 Feb 2024 2:30 pm
- OPEN MEETING – Talk by Alan Goldsmith on ’50 years of Rock and Roll’ on Mon 18 Mar 2024 2:30 pm
- OPEN MEETING – Talk by Jenny Mallin on ‘My Great Aunt Constance and the Burma Trek’ on Mon 15 Apr 2024 2:30 pm
- OPEN MEETING – Talk by Alison Mees on ‘Wildlife in Africa’ on Mon 20 May 2024 2:30 pm
- OPEN MEETING – Talk by Andy Strange on ‘WW2 Airfields’ on Mon 17 Jun 2024 2:30 pm
- OPEN MEETING – Social afternoon with u3a groups including the Ukulele group on Mon 15 Jul 2024 2:30 pm
Social and Other Events
Theatre and Travel
- BALLET – Giselle with the English National Ballet Co. on Thu 18 Jan 2024
- PLAY ‘The Unfriend’ at the Wyndham Theatre London – Matinee on Wed 28 Feb 2024
- BALLET – Swan Lake (in the round) – Albert Hall on Thu 20 Jun 2024